Abstract Submission Guidelines
The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of free communication abstracts for presentation.
Free communications will be presented in one of the following formats:
|(a) Oral||(b) Poster|
- Young Investigator Award for the best oral presentation for categories of neonatal, obstetrics and nursing are opened to those below the age of 40 as of 31st December 2019
- Best Poster Presentation Award
- Selection : The panel of judges will be appointed by the Scientific Committee, and their decisions will be final. No awards will be made if there are less than 3 papers in any category or if the quality of all the papers in each category are not deemed to be suitable for the award(s).
Delegates must submit abstracts for free papers / poster presentations online.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 10th March 2019.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English and should be no longer than 250 words.
- Organise the abstract under the headings Title, Researchers (underline the Principal Investigator), Institution, Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Abstracts of case reports will have the heading “Report” instead of ‘Objectives’, ‘Methods’ and ‘Results’.
- Abstracts must be accompanied by payment of registration fees. If the abstract is subsequently not accepted for presentation, the registration fee will be refunded to the author in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- Scheduling details and guidelines for the final preparation of accepted presentations will be included with the notification of acceptance.
- Authors who have applied to compete in the Young Investigator Award whose abstracts are not selected can opt for the poster presentation if they so wish.
- The final selection will be the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
- For abstract submission, it is compulsory for the delegate to register for the conference.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
- Presentation in the Poster Session will be numbered as listed in the programme.
- The poster board area is 1.5 m(height) x 0.95 m (width).
- You are advised to print poster NO LARGER than the poster board. We advise size A0 (841mm width x 1189mm height - click here).
- The top of the poster must have a label indicating its title and author(s).
- All illustrations should be prepared beforehand. The illustrations should be readable from a distance of 1 meter. Keep illustrations simple.
- Posters must be mounted on the assigned board before the opening ceremony and must be dismounted by 1100hrs on the last day of the congress. The Organising Committee will not be responsible for posters that have not been dismounted by the stipulated time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
- The allocated time for each presentation is 10 minutes with 2 minutes for discussion.
- Screen projections will be made via a standard LCD projector.
- All presenting materials must be handed to the technician-in-charge at least 2 hours before the scheduled sessions. Please be punctual for the presentation.